The Top 10 Fresh Construction Dissertation Ideas
If you are working on a dissertation in a construction-related field, you will need to create a topic that is timely and unique. Fortunately, in the world of construction, there are always new methods and practices that engineers, architects, and city planners are developing, so the fresh topics for dissertations are constantly evolving. Here are 10 fresh ideas for you construction dissertation:
- Infrastructure. This topic is at top conversation in most communities as roadways continue to crumble. But, infrastructure today includes more than just road, bridges, and tunnels. It includes enhancing power grids, adding WiFi, and cleaning water supplies. There are plenty of fresh topics to explore within the realm of infrastructure.
- Eco-friendly building materials. Green building is a big deal today. From low-flo toilets to eco-friendly flooring, residential, commercial, and industrial sites are being designed and built with the environment in mind. You should be able to find several fresh ideas about the freshest green practices in construction.
- Downsizing. While people are still requesting the McMansions, it seems like tiny homes are growing in popularity. What does this mean for the construction industry? What about people who are renovating shipping containers and using them as homes? What about the trend for small homes that are mobile?
- Skilled trade shortages. Construction experts have noticed a downward trend in the number of people with actual skills. Not everyone can be a dry-wall hanger, there need to be people who can work with electricity, plumbing, and heating and cooling. What can be done to grow the industry and find more skilled labor?
- Modular housing. Like downsizing, many people are turning to modular homes because they are affordable and the perfect size. What does this mean for the construction industry? How can the industry change to support this style of home?
- Safety at the site. This is always an issue, but what about safety at the unusual sites that high end home owners want to use? What can be done to keep injuries low on any site? Even in big cities where sites are cramped?
- Location, location, location. If all the good locations are taken, what can be done to add more spaces?
- Diversity in the construction trade. Are women and minorities getting involved in the industry? What can be done to increase their participation and decision-making?
- Reducing waste. Green building is one step, but what else can be done to reduce the amount of waste at new construction sites?
- Enhancing profitability. People do build homes and buildings to make money, but how can they increase their profitability without charging their customers higher prices?