Marketing Dissertation Topics: 15 Interesting Suggestions
There are dozens of professions that can be held as a result of a PhD in marketing. Because of this a lot of students are entering this promising field straight out of graduate school, focusing their marketing dissertation on a specific job field they went to specialize in. Here are 15 interesting suggestions to consider when you are in need of some unique and interesting topics:
- Write an analysis of the effectiveness of a campaign of your choice (e.g., hotel, restaurant, etc.). Discuss if the campaign has led to increased visits, sales, or whatever indicator there is to determine success.
- Reinventing food industry business after a death or health scare caused by a result of their products either packaging or processing.
- Write an analysis on marketing techniques employed at local food stores or farmers markets. And determine if they are effective for a local client base.
- How does country of origin affect branding and the intentions of potential customers? What formulas are used in specific situations?
- How to develop new strategies of pricing for independent or small businesses during periods of rising costs in the oil industry.
- Resurrecting a dishonest or socially shamed business through social media and brand reinvention.
- Using rebranding and positive messaging to overcome disasters around the world (e.g., New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina).
- How are traditional branding tools like television, radio, and newspaper doing in a world that has largely become dominated by internet message branding? What does this mean for those traditional forms?
- Can using people’s various types of self-esteem actually lead to an increased client or customer purchases?
- How to bring brand awareness to new businesses in traditional retail (e.g., electronics or book retail). What are the challenges?
- Discuss methods for marketing an iconic and modern brand (e.g., cell phone company, clothing line, fashion accessory, etc.) and the predictors for creating a new icon.
- Discuss the ways how a remarketing of business debt to leverage fluidity and income from private investors has worked in the last two decades.
- How do political parties use techniques to market their images, brands, statements, positions, etc. in today’s world? How has this shifted over the last 50 years?
- The power of price adjustment, inflation and leveraging public opinion in building an effective brand and product.
- Will social media dominate the way businesses approach marketing in the next twenty years? Or is there already a shift in attitudes about how effective social media will by that time?